Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Guide Going Down

When I was a kid coming from Indianapolis to visit my grandmother in Anderson, I knew I was in Anderson when I saw the the Guide Lamp plant. That landmark soon goes the way of the passenger pigeon, Guide demolition begins:
A spokeswoman for General Motors Corp. has confirmed a statement from Anderson Building Commissioner Michael Widing that the former Guide facility on Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard has begun its slow descent.

“North American Dismantling out of Michigan actually started about a month ago,” Widing said. “It’s a 22-month project.”

My Bloglist (Political Mostly)

My News Feeds List

Subscribe to get e-mail updates from Trifles

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz

Topics I have written about

Add to Technorati Favorites

Followers

Statcounter