Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Madison County Elections: Congrats Bibbs and Hardin

Having known Jeff Hardin for a very long time, I think Madison County has done itself a favor. Hardin, Lyon to vie for Commissioner.

Considering that Ty Bibbs won his county race, I am a bit disappointed by Ollie Dixon's quote in the article above. It does him no favors:
“I had a mountain to climb,” he said. “I tried to break a barrier over the history of Madison County, which has never been broken in terms of it is very, very difficult for an African-American or a black person win countywide.”
Speaking of Ty Bibbs, I am convinced that we need to keep an eye on him (in a very good way):Bibbs to vie for council.

My Bloglist (Political Mostly)

My News Feeds List

Subscribe to get e-mail updates from Trifles

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz

Topics I have written about

Add to Technorati Favorites

Followers

Statcounter