Friday, December 14, 2007

Obama and Change

From Richard Cohen of the Washington Post, A New Wind in Iowa:
"The event was the joint appearance of Oprah Winfrey and Barack Obama at the Hy-Vee Hall here before an estimated 18,500 people, the vast majority of them -- the very vast majority of them -- white. They screamed first for Michelle Obama, incredibly slim and very stylish, and then -- louder, much louder -- for Oprah and then, as if it were not possible, in equal decibels for Obama, youthful, trim, sleek, a Mercury carrying an important message: himself"
Think about this: a very rich African-American woman, a (can I say this?) charismatic African-American man running for President, and white people are not scared? I call that a big change for the good.

My Bloglist (Political Mostly)

My News Feeds List

Subscribe to get e-mail updates from Trifles

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz

Topics I have written about

Add to Technorati Favorites

Followers

Statcounter