Saturday, December 08, 2007

About that server farm I asked about

In my post here. Indiana has something along those lines now. The following is from the Indianapolis Business Journal:
A locally based data storage company has agreed to buy the former Eastgate Consumer Mall on the far east side and plans to invest $23 million to turn the 370,000-square-foot building into a high-tech data hub.

This morning, executives with Lifeline Data Centers LLC joined Mayor Bart Peterson to announce the deal, which was first reported on ibj.com.

The project is not expected to create jobs, but as many as 1,500 people working for Lifeline clients could have offices in the facility, said Jim Garrard, the city's economic development director.


When I was much younger and lived on the eastside of Indianapolis, Eastgate was a bustling mall. Since 1973 the place has seen a long slow decline which just stopped at eyesore.

My Bloglist (Political Mostly)

My News Feeds List

Subscribe to get e-mail updates from Trifles

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz

Topics I have written about

Add to Technorati Favorites

Followers

Statcounter