Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Did Anyone Attend the Incenerator Meeting?

Feel free to use the comment section below to write about it.

I left work last night about 6:30 and drove Meridian Street. Passing the Nazarene Church, it looked like every parking lot was full or filling up. There are a lot of parking spaces in that area. You might have thought it was a high school basketball game - what else draws a crowd in Anderson? I had to pass by and get home to the family.

I did get to read PEAT facility: Mayor says no from the Herald Bulletin.

“Tomorrow, it will be official that PEAT will be no more,” Ockomon announced Tuesday at the meeting.

He said Denny Cooper, who owned the property being sold to PEAT for the plant, had withdrawn the company’s obligation to the contract after the company had failed to sell the idea of the plant to the community.

Ockomon also announced Tuesday that he would not support the plant, although the city’s Board of Zoning Appeals already had granted PEAT a special exception for the facility.

“If I wasn’t sure about it before, I am sure about it now,” he said. “I say no to PEAT. The more that I looked into this process, the less I liked about it.”
Good job. If anyone has anything else to add, please leave a comment.

My Bloglist (Political Mostly)

My News Feeds List

Subscribe to get e-mail updates from Trifles

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz

Topics I have written about

Add to Technorati Favorites

Followers

Statcounter