Thursday, August 21, 2008

Obama Picking Bayh Clues

Some think that Bayh will get the nod from Obama. On one level, I like the idea - because maybe it will redeem Indiana from being the home of Dan Quayle. But I got to say - as objectively as possible - that Bayh is not the best pick. For an article pointing out his deficits, see The Backlash to Bayh from The Nation and Nuvo's Barack, don’t pick Bayh. One of the commentators to The Nation article means Richardson and I wonder now why he did not make the short list (but then I thought he was a good presidential pick).

Blue Indiana really nailed the problem with tea leaves:
A grain of salt should be taken if you're looking to read really far into this announcement. A swing-state push was planned for Saturday, and our geographic proximity to Illinois makes a visit pretty logistically sound, regardless of who the VP pick happens to be.
Which leaves me thinking about Joe Ely and I Had My Hopes Up High:
Well, the first ride I got was in a dynamite truck
The driver kept a' tellin' me his bad luck
As we swerved around the curves I began to shout
Hey-ey mister would you let me out
I had my hopes up high--I never though that I
Would ever wonder why I ever said good-by
I had my hopes up high

My Bloglist (Political Mostly)

My News Feeds List

Subscribe to get e-mail updates from Trifles

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz

Topics I have written about

Add to Technorati Favorites

Followers

Statcounter