Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Of national Healthcare and Much More

I like much of Of laissez-faire capitalism and such things from a column in The Abilene Reporter-News (yes, from Texas). But I especially liked this paragraph. probably becuase it is something I have said for years to my friends in the medical field:
"Taxpayers are told that under socialized medicine they would have to wait to see a doctor or to get certain medicines. Today, taxpayers wait for a doctor's appointment and must wait to learn if their overpriced health insurance covers their problem or prescriptions. Health insurance and HMOs aren't designed to care for illness; they are designed to make money for those who own the companies. Their charges are included with those of the doctor, who is the only one licensed to practice medicine. Insurance companies may refuse to cover or cancel anyone who they think might get sick."

My Bloglist (Political Mostly)

My News Feeds List

Subscribe to get e-mail updates from Trifles

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz

Topics I have written about

Add to Technorati Favorites

Followers

Statcounter