I would move up #9. The old airport looks pretty sad and it could be valuable.
I would have liked something about mass transit and light rail.
Here goes the list:
Top 10 Goals for 2009
1. “Bring home” a larger amount of outside dollars through grants and incentives.
2. Continue improvements to technology and get utility payment system online
3. Find additional cost savings by working together with county and neighboring town governments.
4. Increase capacity of water utility with new well and overhead storage.
5. Improve customer service with assistance of Mayor’s Action Line.
6. Pursue green initiatives like LED streetlights, fleet conversion, state certifications, and “Green Seal of Approval”
7. Begin rehabilitation of North Anderson Elementary and relocate Park Department offices.
8. Create successful, innovative solutions to combat the foreclosure problems in the city.
9. Work toward making Anderson Municipal Airport a gateway to the city for business and guests.
10. Strive for higher visibility of City professionals in the community and solidify new department/ citizen relationships.