Saturday, October 25, 2008

A Rockabilly Saturday Night

Since I am spending Saturday night in the office trying to get caught up on things, I need some music. Which lead me to YouTube and online radio. I thought I would share. (I tried embedding but could not get it to work this evening and too much else to do fight with YouTube.)

Jimmy & The Mustangs. I had their first album (yes, vinyl) and thought it was pretty darned good. So Eighties, but I guess I am, too

I had a girlfriend who was soooooooo into Elvis. I was into her, so that did not matter. But we both got into Shakin Stevens. I think he is still around. The ex is somewhere in Florida:


Then there were the Polecats (yeah, cats like the Rockats and the Stray Cats), but these were the only rockabilly band I ever heard doing a David Bowie song. Here are three of their songs: Rockabilly Guy, Make a Circuit With Me (which was on MTV and I think this is the same video)
John, I'm Only Dancing, and Jeepster - cool version of the T. Rex song.

They even got The Stray Cats. I saw them in Bloomington when they mellowed out and covered that Supremes song. I heard their first two British albums - imports (do we have import cd's now? Sometimes I feel so out of joint with things). Back then they had Runaway Boys and Rumble in Brighton. Here is the vid for Rumble.

And just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water, The Cramps strike:



My Bloglist (Political Mostly)

My News Feeds List

Subscribe to get e-mail updates from Trifles

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz

Topics I have written about

Add to Technorati Favorites

Followers

Statcounter