McCain, Obama, and Palin (Thirty days out and I doubt any of this will change anyone's mind - does anyone really believe that McCain is the best choice now?):
- The Double-Talk Express
- Mad Dog Palin
- Palin’s Alternate Universe
- Illuminating Our Choices
- The Uplifting Debate
- Obama and ’60s Bomber: A Look Into Crossed Paths (Does anyone really care -except Sarah Palin? - about a guy who has no role in Obama's campaign? Has no one on the Republican side noticed that Obama is not even very much of a Seventies guy, let alone a Sixties radical kind of guy?)
- Lessons Taught By FDR
- Sarah’s Pompom Palaver. Wherein Maureen Dowd asks a very good question:
We could, following her strenuously folksy debate performance, wonder when elite became a bad thing in America. Navy Seals are elite, and they get lots of training so they can swim underwater and invade a foreign country, but if you’re governing the country that dispatches the Seals, it’s not O.K. to be elite? Can likable still trump knowledgeable at such a vulnerable crossroads for the country?
- Pitbull Palin Mauls McCain which offers a nightmare that I seem to share with Frank Rich:
You have to wonder how long it will be before they plead with him to think of his health, get out of the way and pull the ultimate stunt of flipping the ticket. Palin, we can be certain, wouldn’t even blink.
- Inner-city housing rehab group sinking
- From MattTully of The Indianapolis Star: Factors that will sway the election (I cna hope that the Obama voters go to Long Thompson instead of Daniels).
- Be sure to check out the headlines/links on the right for more on Indiana politics and news. Things are happening here. This election has put us in the position of having an actual say in who will be President.
- The trouble with Europe
- Smoke, mirrors ... and how a handful of missed mortgage payments started the global financial crisis