Thursday, September 04, 2008

Book review and American Economics

I wish I had tome to double check this review but enough in Is History Siding With Obama’s Economic Plan? jibes with things I do know:

"The second big historical fact, which might be called the Great Partisan Inequality Divide, is the focus of Professor Bartels’s work.

It is well known that income inequality in the United States has been on the rise for about 30 years now — an unsettling development that has finally touched the public consciousness. But Professor Bartels unearths a stunning statistical regularity: Over the entire 60-year period, income inequality trended substantially upward under Republican presidents but slightly downward under Democrats, thus accounting for the widening income gaps over all. And the bad news for America’s poor is that Republicans have won five of the seven elections going back to 1980."

Take a look at the whole thing and remember the Republicans have talked about anything but the economy.

By the way, I do know I said I was closing down Trifles. I guess I cannot resist a chance to shoot off my mouth.

My Bloglist (Political Mostly)

My News Feeds List

Subscribe to get e-mail updates from Trifles

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz

Topics I have written about

Add to Technorati Favorites

Followers

Statcounter